Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stan Hywet Halls and Gardens

Thanksgiving is over and I can finally start posting about Christmas events.  One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is driving around and seeing all the Christmas lights.  One of the best displays of Christmas lights is at the old Stan Hywet Mansion located in Cuyahoga Falls.  When I was younger we took a field trip to the mansion to learn about the people who lived their and to observe the architecture, but every year I love to visit and see their fabulous light display.  At the bottom is a little description of the event and which days it will be open.  Don't miss out!  There are so many great holiday events going on, one should never be bored during the Christmas season.


   StanHywetManor.306122131_std.jpg




Deck the Hall, 5-8 p.m., Nov. 26-28 and Dec. 2-5, 9-12, 16-19, 21-23, 26-30. Theme is "A Dickens of a Christmas," with rooms in the Manor House, 714 N. Portage Path, decorated to portray Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." Christmas-tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. every evening in the Carriage House Courtyard. Tickets are available at 330-315-3287 or at Stan Hywet. Prices; $16, house and grounds tour; $10, gardens and grounds only; $5, youth and college students with I.D. for the house and grounds tour; $4, youth and students for the gardens and grounds only; free, children 5 and younger with an adult. Member prices are available. For more information please visit http://www.stanhywet.org/dynamic/default.aspx 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Stan Hywet! I go every year to Ohio Mart, which is the first weekend in October and they have artists there. One of my favorite events of the year! I also drive through the house every year during Christmas to check out the lights! (You don't have to pay to just drive through!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know that Ill def have to drive through for sure!!

    ReplyDelete